Harry Potter Facts29 Oct 2014
Did you know:
- When rearranged, the letters in Remus Lupin spell “primus lune,” which roughly translates to “first moon” in Latin.
- Sirius Black and Fred Weasley, two pranksters from different generations, died laughing.
- The Malfoys’ last name comes from the Latin “maleficus,” which means evil doing.
- Dementors are a physical representation of Rowling’s experience with depression.
- Voldemort is incapable of love because he was conceived under a love potion.
- Snape hated Neville because Neville was nearly the Chosen One. If he had been chosen, Lily wouldn’t have died so young.
- Dementors don’t breed; they grow like fungus where there is decay.
- The day Harry and Ron saved Hermione from the troll — the day they became friends — is the 10-year anniversary of Harry’s parents’ death.
- Bellatrix means “female warrior” in Latin.
- Dumbledore is an Old English word for “bumblebee.” Rowling said she chose the name because she imagined Dumbledore enjoyed humming to himself.
- J.K. Rowling said she seriously considered killing off Ron in the middle of the series.
- In the Harry Potter universe, there are an estimated 3,000 wizards living in Great Britain.
- Most of the Blacks are named after stars. Sirius, for example, is named after the dog star.
- Harry first arrived at 4 Privet Drive on Hagrid’s motorbike. He left for the last time the very same way.
- Voldemort was 71 years old when he died.
- Every 30 seconds, someone begins reading theHarry Potter series.
- The Elder Wand is the only known wand to contain hair from the Thestral, a beast that can only be seen by those who have witnessed death.
- When he died, Dumbledore was 150 years old.
- An inscription on the Mirror of Erised reads “I show not your face but your heart’s desire” when reflected in a mirror.
That is one lot of facts!!! They are all true, promise!